By 1850 Soho House was owned by Matthew Piers Watt Boulton, the grandson of the industrialist Matthew Boulton. MPW Boulton lived mainly at the family estate of Great Tew in Oxfordshire and London. After some thought he decided to let Soho House and this inventory was taken as the house was being cleared for this purpose. The inventory was sent to MPW Boulton and he marked it up showing what was to happen to particular items. Those marked with a 'x' were to be taken to Tew and those marked † were to be taken from the house and kept below which presumably means at the Soho Manufactory. The house was not actually let until 1852 when a manufaturer called Alfred Toy moved in.
Copyright information: Copyrights
to all resources are retained by the individual rights
holders. They have kindly made their collections available
for non-commercial private study & educational use.
Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted
subject to strict adherence to the guidelines in the Full
Terms and Conditions statement.